the loft pickles & jams logo
 
 


heart jar about us

Story of The Loft

The loft was originally built in 1840 and served as the hayloft and stable to Washington’s coaching inn, now the Frankland Arms.

At the turn of the 20th century it was converted for use as a dwelling for the first time, and was inhabited by a local family for over 50 years, who grew produce in the garden (now our conservatory) and stocked their pantry (now part of our kitchen).

We moved into the Loft in 2007 and became interested in the history of the Loft and Washington, and discovered the previous owners love for making Jams, Pickles and Chutneys, so “A New Taste Of The Old” was born.

Since 2007 we have been making 'The Loft Pickles & Jams' and we continue to cook in small batches all our products by hand in open pans. Our range is constantly evolving and we are always developing new products.

 

Sarah and Jason

 

 

links